E-commerce has become one of the most profitable services recently. However, not everyone could make their business go big. There are many factors that could affect your sales but below are 4 significant features that can make or break your e-commerce website.
This feature is one of the most important parts of every e-commerce website. As a developer, it is easy for you to click through levels of the navigation to find things, however, no matter how perfect the hierarchy and navigation are, some users just won’t understand them.
On the other hand, do you know that more than half of all users are search-dominant? This happens due to the fact that search bars are the primary and easiest way to use the website. Let’s take an example of Amazon.com. Honestly, who uses the navigation to look for what they need anymore? All we need to do is type in the search bar and… voila!
Some may argue that we can use
site:siteaddress.com to get what you want. However, as stated above, not everyone is tech-savvy and knows that trick. So, if you want your customer closes your website and finds the product on Google, well… there you go!
The reason behind the search habit may be varied but high chances are that Google is the one to blame. Ever since this almighty tool was launched, people are so used to the searching activity that the navigation becomes a complex thing.
But it is not easy to create a perfect search bar. There are some factors you should take into account when drafting the search tool on your website:
- The location: we have to be sure that the search box is easy to find and is on every page, not only the home page. Just for your information, the best practice of locating the search box is to put it on the header.
- The appearance: The color of your search box should be a contrast with the background’s color so that users can detect it in plain sight. Furthermore, the search bar must be wide enough that your client could know what they are typing. It is recommended that the width should be 27 characters.
- Grammar and spelling: The thing is that nobody is perfect so typos happen from time to time and we cannot avoid them. All that we can do is to autocorrect your customers’ errors or suggest other terms so that they don’t need to type the whole thing again.
- Search engine results page: this is another important thing that could affect your user’s behavior. No matter how the content is, the display of this page should be clean and clear and contain these elements: the search bar with the content that was searched, the number of results, large and clickable content titles, advanced search, etc.
Payment is the most crucial step when making a purchase. Isn’t it such frustration when you have already picked up every item and then, you could not pay for them. Well, this issue may make your users say goodbye to your e-commerce website one and for all.
Because of its importance, here are some recommendations on how to set up a perfect payment gateway for your e-commerce site.
- Offer a good set of payment methods: You may already know some common payment methods like Visa Card, ATM card, Paypal, etc. However, it is also essential to give local customers more choices. For example, Momo, ZaloPay, and Moca are the 3 most popular payment methods in Vietnam and many Vietnam e-commerce sites include these 3 into their payment process.
- Deliver a seamless process. Testing and checking if your payment process is perfect are the 2 most important phrases. As stated above, your customer may leave for good if there are any issues happening during the purchase.
- Don’t ask for too much information from your users. Let make this information filling step be as simple as possible. It is reported that 11% of U.S. adults left an online purchase because the site asking too many details.
We hope that this article could help you design and develop a perfect e-commerce website for your business. However, if you are looking for a vendor that can help you a hand, then Designveloper is the one to consider. We have a strong technical background as well as a business base. Show us your idea and we at Designveloper will help you realize it