This small form of literary creativity originated in France. In French the word essay means experience, attempt, sketch. It is a succession of disparate impressions, momentary observations, strokes and shades, which the author recalls on one occasion or another.
Types of essays
An essay is a genus of literature, suggesting that such composition is defined by its theme and purpose. Depending on this, the essay is:
- spiritual and religious.
Structure of the essay
The plan of the statement made in advance is a guarantee that it will be logical and understandable. What does an essay consist of? What does essay format mean? Its structure implies the presence of basic components.
- Introduction. It is necessary to designate the problematic of the essay, name the issue that will be further considered.
- Thesis + argument. The thesis is a succinctly formulated thought that reveals the author’s attitude to the issue. There should be at least three of them in the essay. Each thesis should be supported by arguments: historical facts, examples from personal experience, scientific justifications. For each thesis, give two proofs. One may not convince the reader, and more will tire the reader. For example, you must understand how to analyze a poem in an essay and make it interesting.
- Conclusion. Here the author summarizes all of the above, summarizing his vision of the problem.
For ease of perception, it is customary to begin each part with a paragraph. Also, do not forget to think of a capacious title for the essay. More often than not, it contains the issue that the author is considering. But if the issue is formulated in several sentences, it’s worth coming up with a short phrase for the title. It can be a quote from a literary work or an aphorism. Essay writing develops the skill of expressing your own thoughts. Having mastered it, you will always be able to argue your point of view. Read the recommendations and create interesting and understandable to the reader essays. If you need to write a self-assessment essay, you should understand how to write a self-assessment essay and make it interesting.
How to write a brilliant essay
When thinking about how to write a good essay, read past examples in advance and take the techniques you particularly like. First, write down everything that arose in your mind when you read the text. Then select the main point and tell it as if you were the first person to talk about the problem. Be convincing, logical, concise, moderately emotional. Don’t forget your sense of humor.
Start thinking about the topic of the essay in advance and look for different information on the subject. The necessary data will come to our attention more often on its own – that’s how our brain works. You have probably noticed that when you are preoccupied with some task – it is much more likely to catch your eye in the ordinary world. For example, if you are thinking about getting a pet. Let it be a Pomeranian Spitz dog. So, very soon you will begin to notice that all dog breeders suddenly decided to get their own spitzes and walk around with them everywhere! In fact, there aren’t more spitzes, you just pay more attention to them now. And this will be the case with any kind of information you care about.
So it’s recommended that you get busy beforehand gathering data for the work ahead. Start with a simple one – write down the theses you already know on the topic of your choice. Next – outline a list of questions that need to be answered during the preparation of the text. In the process of searching for answers to these questions, you are likely to discard some of them and formulate new, more accurate ones. If you need to know how to write an essay about a poem, you should look for more information.
What mistakes to avoid
- Breaking logic. Jumping from one idea to another, illiterate selection of arguments, incoherence of the content of the parts of the whole violate the logic of the narrative.
- Verbosity. Try to use only the most necessary words. If something can be crossed out without affecting the understanding of the meaning, feel free to cross it out.
- Spelling mistakes. Most often they occur in terms. If you are preparing for the social studies exam, get a dictionary of terms.
- Speech errors. Carefully use idioms, see how words fit together, avoid repetition, actively choose synonyms and antonyms to create contrasting contrasts, do not confuse homonyms.
- Stylistic errors. Take care of the purity of written speech. Do not litter your essay with low style vocabulary.
- The key to success will be the absence of factual errors. This will emphasize your erudition, and cause confidence in you. In addition, you will not be deprived of an extra grade.
If you don’t have time to write an essay, you can look for essay writing service usa.